Bluebox to partcipate in LCC panel at CAPA Asia Aviation Summit 2017 in Singapore
23rd October, 2017
Bluebox’s CEO Kevin Clark will be joining LCC Perspectives panel at CAPA Asia Aviation Summit 2017
Asia’s traditional full-service network airlines are facing the challenges of a new era. They have high quality products but are being challenged with the arrival of LCCs on short to medium haul. The impact on the full-service airlines’ bottom lines has been significant. And to aggravate the situation, the legacy distribution systems are under threat, creating the need for new approaches to managing the customer.
This is a broad topic to be addressed in two parts on the Summit’s first day – one addressing full-service airline’s perspectives and another the low-cost carriers’ perspectives.
Kevin will be joining the LCC perspectives panel, which will discuss the following questions:
- What market positions are the LCCs aiming at – what strategies are in the future?
- How fast will they expand? – how sustainable are the massive order books of Asia’s LCCs?
- What are their main challenges? – market access; human resources for growth; other LCCs
- How will the large number of aircraft on order be used?
- Some companies are looking to leverage their existing brand, distribution network and technical capability to create a lower cost platform within a full-service group. For dedicated self-styled low cost, long haul airlines, what more do they need to do?
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise, Senior Advisor, Bertrand Grabowski
LCCs’ Perspectives Panel:
AirAsia X, CEO, Benyamin Ismail
Bluebox Aviation Systems, CEO, Kevin Clark
HK Express, Commercial Director, Jonathan Hutt
Inmarsat, VP Asia Pacific, Otto Gergye
Jetstar Asia, CEO, Barathan Pasupathi
The CAPA Asia Aviation Summit 2017
The CAPA Asia Aviation Summit is the new CEO airline summit for Asia. The summit will cover key issues facing LCCs, full service carriers and hybrid carriers. The summit will bring together up to 30 CEOs of leading carriers based in Asia, as well as those serving the world’s most vibrant aviation region. It will explore in depth the key strategic and commercial issues driving the future of aviation in this region, including low cost airlines, hybridisation, full service carriers and global alliances, as well as the key ancillary/merchandising, distribution and technology trends. The Summit is being held at Capella on Singapore’s Sentosa Island.
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Singapore …
They say timing is everything, and it will be a full week for Bluebox’s market development activity in Asia, as Bluebox will also be exhibiting in Singapore but at another event – the Future Travel Experience Asia Expo in Singapore, 7-8 November at the Marina Bay Sands – where we’ll be demonstrating the latest in our range of portable and wireless IFE solutions at Stand A5.