Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd. specialises in the provision of software solutions to the aviation industry. Formed in January 2017 from the integration of Bluebox Avionics into Dunfermline headquartered AviIT Ltd to create Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd, the company serves a growing list of airlines across the world, and has a global support network in Europe, the US, Australia and Singapore.
The vacancy of the Project Manager has arisen from the continued expansion of the In-flight Entertainment products at our Dunfermline headquarters and offers the opportunity to join a great team working in a very exciting environment.
The role of the Project Manager:
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities within Bluebox software development, hardware, integration and support teams.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Work closely with clients and internal Bluebox teams to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Manage the relationship with the client(s) and all stakeholders including suppliers and Bluebox teams.
Project Manager qualities and experience:
- Proven working experience as a project manager in a technology environment.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid technical background, ideally with an understanding of hardware and software technologies.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Degree qualified, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
In return, the successful Project Manager will receive a salary of between £25,000 to £35,000 depending on experience. In addition to this, the Project Manager will receive an attractive package including 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), workplace pension, death in service benefits. We have a pleasant office environment which is very close to a railway station and bus routes and there is potential for overseas travel.
Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd. specialises in the provision of software solutions to the aviation industry. The Bluebox in-flight entertainment (IFE) portfolio provides airlines the latest technology in tablet-Based and wireless IFE solutions (fitted and portable) as cost-effective alternatives to seatback IFE systems, and exploits these platforms to address a range of IFE requirements: service enhancement, service recovery, accessibility services (for passengers with hearing and visual impairments) and ancillary revenue generation.