We’re looking for an Application Operations Engineer – could that be you?
Are you an Application Support / Devops Analyst looking to move into an exciting new role with a growing technology organisation in the Dunfermline area?
Who are we?
Bluebox is a software company which has been specialising in the aviation sector for over 15 years. Our solutions deliver in-flight entertainment (IFE), wireless streaming, onboard retail, and other critical elements for the emerging ‘digital cabin’ that help airlines engage and entertain their passengers and earn all-important ancillary revenue in the process.
Our award-winning and class-leading products have supported more than 40 airlines and millions of passengers around the world. Due to the current COVID pandemic, the industry has faced unparalleled challenges and many airlines are operating at reduced capacity. But with our flagship product Bluebox Wow portable wireless IFE, we are delivering safe, touch-free entertainment, shopping, and digital capabilities to airlines, which is resulting in increased demand for our solutions.
What’s the job?
This new role is with a small, dedicated team that oversees the implementation and updating of software applications that support or improve business operations. It’s an entry-level software & systems role, arising from a requirement to focus critical tasks to maintain our deployed clients.
Based in our offices in Dunfermline, duties include monitoring and optimizing software application performance, installing updates, and performing debugging & troubleshooting procedures, as well as assisting new opportunities and projects at frontend with basic software requirements.
The core skills required in this role are – a strong client focus, the ability to take ownership and initiative, and superior issue management.
We’re looking for someone with these skills and experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux
- Scripting experience with Linux Shell (bash), Python or other tools and languages
- Understanding of basic analysis and statistical techniques
- Experience of using report generation and delivery tools (e.g. SQL Server Reporting Services, MongoDB Charts)
- Exposure to tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Git
- Demonstrated skills in researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve software issues
- Able to work with limited supervision and comfortable interacting and communicating at all levels of business
- Team player with good interpersonal skills as well as a dynamic, energetic, motivated & positive outlook
- Experience of being customers’ first point of contact and handling queries by phone and email
- Experience with remote access tools
- SVQ / Degree level or relevant working experience
- Any business level or relevant software certification
- Knowledge and experience of Apple products