The vacancy of the Head of Operations – IFE has arisen from the continued expansion of the In-flight Entertainment products at our Dunfermline headquarters and offers the opportunity to join a great team working in a very exciting environment.
The business is seeking a Head of Operations – IFE to lead the in-house content integration, project implementation and customer support teams in the provision of pre and post-implementation services to our IFE clients. The Head of Operations is also responsible for managing production of our award-winning portable wireless streaming solution.
The scope encompasses management of the three teams that are responsible for the production and deployment of Bluebox systems with airlines around the world, the post-implementation customer support and ensuring that the regular content update services are provided in a timely and accurate manner. We are committed to ensuring our customers continue to be delighted with Bluebox products and services for many years.
To achieve the above, the successful candidate will need to liaise closely with our sales, marketing and development teams in order to co-ordinate the successful implementation of all aspects of every customer project.
- Management of 3 distinct teams responsible for implementation, support and content integration activities, (currently 16 strong but will grow substantially over the next few years) in the UK and Australia
- Liaise with internal teams, such as Development, Sales, Marketing and Technical Service Delivery, to ensure smooth and successful implementations
- Ensure that customer SLA’s are met consistently
- Issuing system usage and performance information to customers
- Develop the skills and experience of the IFE Operational Teams
- Establish and deliver plans for continuous process and service improvement
- Maintaining the Company IFE Information Security Policy and contribute to our GDPR and business continuity processes.
- Manage external supplier relationships and internal product management activities
- Maintain product stock and shipping processes
Experience and Attributes:
- A motivational manager with the energy and enthusiasm for the broad challenges that come with a rapidly growing technology business serving a global market
- At least 10 years’ experience in the broad aspects of Service Delivery with at least 5 in team management.
- Effective communicator with engaging interpersonal skills
- Strong Technology/IT background – experience of software products an advantage
- A successful track record of managing service delivery within a short-cycle multi-project environment
- Demonstrable experience in effective project management, ideally within a formal framework such as PRINCE 2.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing business the operates in one of the world’s most exciting markets
- Challenge – there’s lots to be done, and plenty of scope for impact
- Leadership of committed and growing teams with the desire to learn from experience
- Opportunity for international travel to develop relationships with customers
In return, the successful Head of Operations – IFE will receive a competitive salary based on experience. In addition to this, there is an attractive package including 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), workplace pension, death in service benefits. We have a pleasant office environment which is very close to a railway station and bus routes and there is potential for overseas travel.