Bluebox Operations Support Technician is an entry level role within our first line Ops Support Team. Do you have any experience with IT or computerized work environment? Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and software issues? If you do and enjoy working in a moderately varied and energetic technical environment, Bluebox may be the perfect career step for you.
Operations Support Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Senior Operations Technician, the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Support Technician include:
- Building, Maintenance, Repair, Service & Support of Bluebox IFE products
- Office based Technical Support
- Monitoring Client Support Helpdesk, taking ownership of customer issues reported, seeing problems through to resolution.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers, ensuring customer service levels are met.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Involved in project deployments for new customers
- Conducting system updates and upgrades to existing deployments
- Keeping relevant documentation up to date – travellers, stock requests etc
- Participating in the on-call Duty rotation.
- Quality control & error reduction.
- Adhering to company procedures, policies and goals.
- Field Service based Technical Support
- New Project deployments for new customers.
- Conducting system updates and upgrades to existing deployments.
- Ensuring customer service levels are met.
- Creating site reports.
- As the face of Bluebox, representing the company and being professional at all times.
Operations Support Technician Core Competency Requirements:
- Demonstratable skill in a computerized technical work environment to enable researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Any business level or relevant software certification
- Helpdesk Experience – customer first point of contact and handling queries by phone and email.
- Microsoft Office intermediate level and above, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated & positive outlook.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills & ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid passport and flexibility to travel overseas at short notice.
Operations Support Technician Desirable attributes:
- Experience with remote access tools – (e.g. Teamviewer)
- Experience with a command line interface.
- Experience with Linux operating system. (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu)
- Degree educated in an associated subject.
- Knowledge and experience of Apple products (iPad/iPhone and Mac) is preferable.
As a Bluebox Operations Support Technician you will receive a salary of £20,000 to £22,000 depending on experience. In addition to this, Bluebox offers an attractive staff benefits package (EAP), 33 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), laptop, phone, pension and death in service benefits. Bluebox support the development of our personnel through job specific training and yearly appraisals. We offer a pleasant office environment, located within Dunfermline’s Southern periphery and easy access of all transportation modes.