Operations Support Technician
Starting Salary £22,000 per annum
Does working in an IT or software field interest you? Would you enjoy working directly with internal and international clients in a varied, friendly & supportive technical environment? If so, a career with Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd may be the right fit for you. We are looking for someone to join our team in an entry level role where full in-house training and development will be given to the successful candidate.
Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd, based in Dunfermline, Fife, is a 50+ employee software company that has been specialising in the aviation sector for over 15 years. Our products have encompassed portable in-flight entertainment (IFE) systems, wireless streaming systems, in-flight purchasing, engineering document management, portable booking systems and general-purpose IT systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Head of Operations and under the supervision of the Senior Operations Technician, duties and responsibilities include:
- The build, maintenance & service support of Bluebox IFE products across the product life cycle.
- Client Support Helpdesk
- Monitoring and providing first line response.
- Using standard tools and process to assist diagnosis & troubleshooting of hardware and software issues.
- Assist Ops Support team with:
- Project deployments for new clients.
- System updates to existing clients.
- Stock control and shipping of client equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of returned equipment.
Following appropriate time in role to achieve level of competency required
- Ops Support on call – 24/7 customer tech service (rota).
- On-site technical support for new client entry into service and maintenance visits for existing customers. A moderate level of international travel could be required, solo or as part of a small team.
Core Competency Requirements
- Technical knowledge with an interest in computers.
- Good communication skills, experienced in dealing with people directly and through other platforms.
- Microsoft Office proficient, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Dynamic, energetic, self-motivated, team player with positive outlook & good interpersonal skills
- Valid passport and flexibility to travel overseas at short notice.
- Customer Support experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in a technical work environment – researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and/or software issues.
- Knowledge of / experience with remote access tools e.g. Teamviewer
- Knowledge of / experience with a command line interface.
- Knowledge of / experience with Linux operating system e.g. Debian, Ubuntu
- Any business level or relevant software certification
- Knowledge and experience of Apple products (iPad/iPhone and Mac) is preferable.
- Starting salary £22,000 p/a
- Hybrid working
- 33 days Annual leave (Inclusive of Public holidays)
- Birthday day off
- On call allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Perkbox staff discounts & benefits
- Death in Service