Operations Support Technician
Dunfermline, KY11 8US
£20k – £25k & Benefits
Bluebox Aviation Systems Ltd. specialises in software solutions for the aviation industry.
The Bluebox in-flight entertainment (IFE) portfolio provides airlines the latest technology in tablet-based and wireless IFE solutions (fitted and portable) as cost-effective alternatives to seatback IFE systems, and exploits these platforms to address a range of IFE requirements: service enhancement, service recovery, accessibility services (for passengers with hearing and visual impairments) and ancillary revenue generation. Due to expansion of our Dunfermline Operations, we are looking for an additional Operations Support Technician to join our team.
This role will suit a keen and ambitious individual seeking to grow their career in Technical & IT support within a very exciting environment!
Operations Support Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
Building, maintenance & repair of Bluebox IFE products
- Office based Technical Support –
- Monitoring Client Support Helpdesk, taking ownership of customer issues reported, seeing problems through to resolution.
- Diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Field Service based Technical Support
- New Project deployments for new customers.
- Conducting system updates and upgrades to existing deployments.
- Ensuring customer service levels are met.
- Keeping documentation up to date.
- Participating in the on-call Duty rotation.
- Quality control & error reduction.
- Adhering to company procedures, policies and goals.
Operations Support Technician Core Competency Requirements
- Excellent English written and verbal skills with good grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated & positive outlook.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills & ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable skills & understanding of computer systems, mobile devices & technical products to enable researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve hardware and software issues.
- Experience of being customer first point of contact and handling queries by phone and email.
- Microsoft Office intermediate level and above, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Valid passport and flexibility to travel overseas at short notice.
Operations Support Technician Desirable attributes:
- Experience with remote access tools – (e.g. Teamviewer)
- Experience with a command line interface.
- Experience with Linux operating system. (e.g. Debian, Ubuntu)
- Degree educated in an associated subject.
- Any business level or relevant software certification
- Knowledge and experience of Apple products (iPad/iPhone and Mac) is preferable.
As a Bluebox Operations Support Technician you will receive an attractive benefits package, including 33 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays), laptop, phone, pension and death in service benefits. Bluebox support the development of our personnel through job specific training and yearly appraisals. We offer a pleasant office environment, located within Dunfermline’s Southern periphery and easy access of all transportation modes.