The vacancy of the Project Manager has arisen from the continued expansion of the In-flight Entertainment products at our Dunfermline headquarters and offers the opportunity to join an innovative, growing & inclusive team working in a very exciting and fast paced environment.
The role of the Project Manager:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will directly manage new & established projects for Bluebox products & service delivery. As a growing company, there is significant opportunity to shape the PM role with expectation for both team and independent working. Working primarily side by side with the Bluebox Software, Support, Integration and Product teams, your role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Manage the timely execution of the product & service delivery projects.
- Assist definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Establish work breakdown schedules.
- Identify & manage project resource and material requirements.
- Create, monitor, control and deliver project delivery plans.
- Allocate work packages to assigned software development, hardware, integration and support resources.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Ensure all project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Work closely with clients and internal Bluebox teams to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s) and their governance.
- Perform risk & quality management to minimise project risks.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Manage the relationship with the client(s) and all stakeholders including suppliers and Bluebox teams.
- Assist in the identification and facilitation of internal process improvement initiatives, including supporting the cross functional teams.
Project Manager qualities and experience:
- Previous project management experience is essential, as is the ability to demonstrate how to motivate teams, foster collaboration and deliver quality results safely, on-time and to budget.
- PMP / PRINCE II certified.
- Analytic and decisive decision maker and demonstrated ability to prioritise and to delegate effectively
- Customer and delivery focused; ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, internally & client facing, a persuasive communicator.
- Computer skills will include good working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office.
- Project management planning tool(s) – smartsheet, microsoft project, primavera or equivalent.
- ERP and Data control.
- Basic understanding of PLM systems.
- Good knowledge in the fields of Information Technology, Aviation, Computer Science or engineering is an advantage.
In return, the successful Project Manager will receive a salary of between £25,000 and £30,000 depending on experience. In addition to this, the Project Manager will receive an attractive package including 33 days annual leave (including public holidays), workplace pension, death in service benefits. We have a pleasant office environment which is very close to a railway station and bus routes and there is potential for overseas travel.