Job Title: Senior Analytics Developer
Location: Dunfermline, Hybrid 80% remote
Reporting to: Development Team Lead
- Maintenance and development of new and existing analytics portals and dashboards
- Collection, Collation and Curation of raw data from several sources
- Generate Ad-hoc reports for internal stakeholders and customers
- Enhance performance and operational analytics and reporting
- Maintain existing and build new collection and processing pipelines.
- Adopt and develop strategies to detect and deal with missing/late data.
- Evolve efficient storage and querying techniques to meet changing demands.
- Combine data from different sources, both internal and external to meet our analysis needs.
- Develop and provide standard automated reports/dashboards to meet the requirements of external parties and internal departments.
- Provide ad-hoc reports/extracts on demand to support operations or for investigative purposes.
- Maintain, manage and enhance customer stats portal, generating on-demand reports.
- Work with developers to define and control data logging in the system, ensuring efficient and complete data capture for analytical requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to understand data/reporting needs and produce analysis and reporting artefacts.
- Work with external customers to determine needs/requirements, providing reports and data extracts for customers analytics platforms.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Interpret trends and patterns to derive insight from the various data we gather.
- Skilled full stack developer, experience of developing web front end dashboards, using ASP.net , php, Laravel, Symfony , React.
- Knowledge of ETL processes and techniques, both batch and streaming, knowledge of systems like Apache Kafka and Spark would be advantageous.
- Understand data models and data mining.
- Understanding of SQL and non-SQL data storage engines and techniques and when to use them e.g. MySQL/Maria DB, MongoDB, SQL Server
- Experience of using report generation and delivery tools e.g., SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
- Exposure to dashboarding systems would be beneficial e.g., Mongodb Charts, Tableau, Qlick, Dash, Plotly.
- Exposure to tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Git
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux
- Understanding of basic analysis and statistical techniques
- Able to work under limited supervision and comfortable interacting and communicating with colleagues and partners at all levels of business.
- Hybrid working
- 33 days Annual leave (Inclusive of Public holidays)
- Birthday day off
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Perkbox staff discounts & benefits
- Death in Service
No agencies please